A lovely, moist, moreish carrot cake – with no gluten, nuts, dairy, eggs or sugar!
250g gluten free self-raising flour
2 medium grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped dates (or other dried fruit)
pinch sea salt
3 tsp mixed spice
250ml coconut milk
juice & zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
1. Heat oven to 160C
2. Mix the flour, carrots, dried fruit, salt and mixed spice together in a bowl.
3. Mix the coconut milk, orange juice and zest and honey in a jug.
4. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and fold together until mixed. Don’t over mix the cake batter!
5. Tip into a 7″ lined cake tin and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 75-90 minutes until cooked and a skewer come out clean.
7. Cool on a rack.